MCHS Presents Frozen Jr.: The Musical

MCHS Presents Frozen Jr.: The Musical

Allie Kate Austin, School Clubs Editor

The Macon County High School Theatre Department will be performing Frozen Jr.: The Musical this fall. The talented cast, consisting of students ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade, are excited to present this entertaining Disney production.

Kelly Blackwood, the MCHS theatre arts teacher and the show’s director, decided to deviate from normally only having one musical during the school year to this year putting on a musical in both the fall and the spring.

“For this time of year, I felt like Frozen would be better in the fall than in the spring because fall kind of leads us into that [cold weather],” Blackwood stated.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, MCHS’s theatre productions had many restrictions, like a socially distanced audience and the absence of the school’s live band. Blackwood is hopeful that with improved health measures such as vaccinations, there will not be as many restrictions for this show. 

Like other musicals, Frozen does not follow the movie verbatim. However, Blackwood says it has a lot of similarities. “All of the major songs are in the musical,” she said, “but it is an abbreviated version of the film.”

What sets Frozen apart from other shows? “Animated projections!” exclaimed Blackwood, teasing a new feature for this performance.

The dates for Frozen Jr.: The Musical are as follows: Thursday, October 21, at 7 pm; Saturday, October 23, at 7 pm; and Sunday, October 24 at 2 pm and 5 pm. Tickets can be pre-ordered or purchased at the door for each show. Come watch this magical performance and support your fellow Macon County student actors and actresses!