How To Be A Good Student

Cadie Wohlgamuth

Some people think you have to have good grades to be a good student, but that is far from true. Just because you have good grades does not mean you are a good student. If you want to be a good student, all you need to do is follow these steps, and soon enough, you will be a good student!

Always Pay Attention In Class

Some people never pay attention in class. This can really frustrate your teachers, and it can cause you to not know what is going on. Find a way to improve! You want to stop fooling around with your friends. It’s okay to talk to them, but once your teacher is talking, you should listen to them. When the teacher is teaching a lesson or talking you must pay attention so you aren’t clueless.

Don’t Talk Unless You’re Called On

When a teacher, or any adult, in school is asking a question, never just yell out an answer, unless they ask the whole class to say it. You need to fix it! Instead of just popping out an answer, raise your hand and see if you are called on. If a lesson is being taught, you definitely shouldn’t be talking. Not only is it disrespectful, but it can ruin your chance of making good grades.

Respect ALL Teachers and Adults

When a teacher is telling you his/her rules, always respect them. For example: Mrs. Brawner is telling you her rules on the first day, and you don’t like one of them. You are just going to have to get over it. Respecting the rules is one of the main ways to respect your teacher. Anytime you are talking to them, use yes sir, no sir, yes ma’am, and no ma’am. This goes for any adult, in or out of school. You need to show respect. Another respectful thing to do is to respect their things. Don’t walk around a teacher’s room destructing or messing up their things. You definitely shouldn’t destruct you’re chrome book. The things in this school don’t belong to you, respect them!

To see even more articles, view Nolan Kelley’s article “How-To be an A+ Student.” He was a staff member last year when he was in 7th grade.